Monday, December 19, 2016

It has almost been a year since I put a few paragraphs together to form The Kingdom of the Woodland Realm Trilogy. What began as just a short story on Thranduil, Tolkien's elusive character from The Hobbit (and immortalized by Lee Pace in Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy), it went from a few paragraphs to 21 chapters to 34 chapters for Book II: The Saga of Thranduil. Some call it "highly anticipated" because it follows the standards set up by the father of high fantasy, J.R.R. Tolkien as it was written to do so.

I'm currently working on the last 8 chapters of Book II. It was originally supposed to end with 21 chapters, the old Book III: To Eryn Lasgalen was too short and it's chapters were absorbed into Book II. Book III: The Last Tale of Legolas Lasgalen is the new book and Book I: The Epic of Eryn Galen will follow two elven ancestors of Legolas--Orothôn and his son Oropher, father of Thranduil.

The story begins here: http://tkwrtrilogy.tumblr.com/post/135724032251/book-ii-the-saga-of-thranduil-chapter-i-i-am (the first blog post out of 93 Tumblr Posts). I remind you that it is rough and I'm currently editing the hard copy of the manuscript which is 421 pages long (500 with the extended version).
I'm now sleepy and this is not my first post of the evening . I have several web presences that I will update later when I have every one of the organized completely in alphabetical order. For now, learn about Thranduil--the elf that started it all for The Kingdom of the Woodland Realm Trilogy.--J.

No comments:

Post a Comment